Friday, September 25, 2009

Five Years

Yesterday Gary and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. Gary made me the sweetest card. He dipped into my scrapbook supplies and even drew a picture on the front. The message on the inside was sweeter than any store bought card. I wanted to find him something made of wood since it was the traditional 5 year gift. I couldn't find, or think of anything.....so I headed to Michael's for inspiration. As soon as I saw the unfinished wooden box I knew what I was going to make. I stained/inked the box and decorated the top. As for the inside, I filled it with little trinkets, each meaning something to our five years together. I included a little list on the inside to explain each item.
 
 
 
In the box are the following:
5 wooden hearts for each year we have been married
1 key to my heart
1 little clock for the time we've spent together
1 picture of two little boys to represent Aiden and Owen
1 Four leaf clover- because I'm so lucky to have him
1 penny from the year we were married
Each of our initials
and a little sign that says heart and soul
 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Alison said...

You're too darn cute! Congrats on the anniversary, and many more to come.

Anonymous said...

This is so thoughtful and creative. But it freaks me out cuz as luck would have it I drew you for Christmas! The least creative person has to make bake sew or grow for the most creative...SUPER! :-) Congrats on five years!!

Meghan

Lindsey McFarland said...

you made me cry...your so clever.

Related Posts with Thumbnails