Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Mommy Moments

Having a second child really brought a rush of new emotions.   You instantly fall in love when you see that baby.  It's such an amazement looking  at those little fingers and toes and knowing that you made that.  With all that love comes a little guilt or worry.  Will you have enough love for two, will that first child feel left out?

Aiden has been my little man for two and a half years, it's been him and I at home during the day.  He has not had to share mommy with anyone.  I know there were a lot of people who were nervous how he would do with a new brother to share his mom with, but it was a moment like last nights that lets me know everything is wonderful...

Gary came home from work and Owen needed to eat.  It seems I spend most of my day saying, "Hang on, let me feed Owen first."  While I was feeding Owen Gary took Aiden outside for awhile.  I was just about done feeding Owen when I heard the back door open and the sound of little feet running inside.  I looked up to see Aiden rounding the corner with flowers in his hand.  He proudly came running up and handed me a purple phlox from the yard and half blown dandelion.  He quickly turned and was running out of the room as fast as he came in, but he stopped halfway out the door, turned around, ran back, and gave Owen a gentle kiss on the head.  Those two little gestures reassured me that I don't need to worry or feel guilty.  It's moments like that when I'm overjoyed to me a mom.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww..what a sweet boy! I had a feeling he was going to love that new baby a whole bunch. I'm so happy its going well.

KariAnnS said...

You said it! These truly are the moments.

Amy @ Positively Splendid said...

What a sweet moment, Lindsey!

Camilla said...

that is a moment to cherish. So sweet that he kissed his brother. makes me all teary eyed just reading about it

Related Posts with Thumbnails