It's been a HORRIBLE few days at the McFarland's.Garystarted feeling ill on Friday but it wasn't bad enough to keep him home from Family Night Out. Saturday morning started his cough, boy was it nasty. After he got off work I urged him to go to the after hours clinic and get something. He agreed and off he went. They ran some x-rays and did a breathing treatment and sent him home with a diagnosis of bronchitis. Sunday we had a busy day planned but Gary opted to stay home, he didn't get out of bed all day. In the meantime the boys and I headed to Papa and PapaMom's. It was a gorgeous day and the boys were playing outside. Jessica and the gang came over and Mom, Jess and I decided to sneak out for a bit. A couple hours later we came back and Owen was sleeping on Tony and Aiden looked awful. I took his temperature and it was 102.6. Home we went(Billy sorry we missed your Birthday!). We got home and gave Aiden some motrin and an hour later he was running around playing so I thought nothing of it. Monday morning rolled around and that's when all hell broke loose. Owen woke up with a 102 fever and Aiden's was back. Both boys got another round of Motrin. An hour later Owen's fever wasn't going down and he was whiny and lethargic. I made a call to the nurse at the ped's office and they suggested I bring him in. Before we left I took his temperature, it was up to 104, and I was getting a little freaked out by then. We got to the paediatrician's office early and they took Owen back. The Doctor came in and looked at him and confirmed what I had been dreading....H1N1. After talking about Gary's symptoms the doctor believes that he was misdiagnosed with bronchitis, which they told us wasn't contagious. In reality he most likely had H1N1 and passed it onto the boys. Owen was given Tamiflu and after keeping a dose down he is up and playing today. So far I'm in the clear and I'm hoping it stays that way...
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
H1N1
It's been a HORRIBLE few days at the McFarland's.Garystarted feeling ill on Friday but it wasn't bad enough to keep him home from Family Night Out. Saturday morning started his cough, boy was it nasty. After he got off work I urged him to go to the after hours clinic and get something. He agreed and off he went. They ran some x-rays and did a breathing treatment and sent him home with a diagnosis of bronchitis. Sunday we had a busy day planned but Gary opted to stay home, he didn't get out of bed all day. In the meantime the boys and I headed to Papa and PapaMom's. It was a gorgeous day and the boys were playing outside. Jessica and the gang came over and Mom, Jess and I decided to sneak out for a bit. A couple hours later we came back and Owen was sleeping on Tony and Aiden looked awful. I took his temperature and it was 102.6. Home we went(Billy sorry we missed your Birthday!). We got home and gave Aiden some motrin and an hour later he was running around playing so I thought nothing of it. Monday morning rolled around and that's when all hell broke loose. Owen woke up with a 102 fever and Aiden's was back. Both boys got another round of Motrin. An hour later Owen's fever wasn't going down and he was whiny and lethargic. I made a call to the nurse at the ped's office and they suggested I bring him in. Before we left I took his temperature, it was up to 104, and I was getting a little freaked out by then. We got to the paediatrician's office early and they took Owen back. The Doctor came in and looked at him and confirmed what I had been dreading....H1N1. After talking about Gary's symptoms the doctor believes that he was misdiagnosed with bronchitis, which they told us wasn't contagious. In reality he most likely had H1N1 and passed it onto the boys. Owen was given Tamiflu and after keeping a dose down he is up and playing today. So far I'm in the clear and I'm hoping it stays that way...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hope the boys get better quickly, and that you stay in the clear!
Post a Comment